Eric Bailly is focused on Ivory Coast as he prepares for his first match of this year’s AFCON tournament later today.
Ivory Coast take on Equatorial Guinea at 7pm and Bailly is expected to start.
The centre-back posted a message on social media, expressing his excitement for the tournament to begin.
Bailly linked away
Bailly’s focus on international duty comes amid transfer interest from AC Milan.
Gianluca Di Marzio reports Bailly is interested in joining the Serie A side, although United are yet to express a stance.
Milan are hoping to loan Bailly, although clearly interest becomes complicated by him being away in Cameroon at the AFCON.
Bailly’s Ivory Coast teammate Franck Kessie is a key player for Milan, although he is out of contract at the end of the season.
Just last year Bailly signed a new contract, but that decision was taken even in recognition that he was not first choice.
Fairly or not, Bailly is fourth choice at United behind Raphael Varane, Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire.
Phil Jones’ return to fitness even puts him in the mix too.
This may convince United to let Bailly leave the club on loan, if the club are confident there is enough cover.
- Uruguay manager and South American press react to Facundo Pellistri's debut performance
- Manchester United warned 'extraordinary offer' required to sign midfielder
- Karim Benzema sends message to Manchester United star
- Report: Young Manchester United forward set for medical ahead of imminent loan move
- Manager delighted to sign 'wonderful' Manchester United defensive talent on loan