Eric Bailly sends message ahead of AFCON kick-off amid transfer talk
Eric Bailly is focused on Ivory Coast as he prepares for his first match of this year’s AFCON tournament later today.
Ivory Coast take on Equatorial Guinea at 7pm and Bailly is expected to start.
The centre-back posted a message on social media, expressing his excitement for the tournament to begin.
Bailly linked away
Bailly’s focus on international duty comes amid transfer interest from AC Milan.
Gianluca Di Marzio reports Bailly is interested in joining the Serie A side, although United are yet to express a stance.
Milan are hoping to loan Bailly, although clearly interest becomes complicated by him being away in Cameroon at the AFCON.
Bailly’s Ivory Coast teammate Franck Kessie is a key player for Milan, although he is out of contract at the end of the season.
Just last year Bailly signed a new contract, but that decision was taken even in recognition that he was not first choice.
Fairly or not, Bailly is fourth choice at United behind Raphael Varane, Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire.
Phil Jones’ return to fitness even puts him in the mix too.
This may convince United to let Bailly leave the club on loan, if the club are confident there is enough cover.
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate