Dan James' assist record places him among Premier League's very best
It has been a quiet few months for Dan James in front of goal for Manchester United.
After his initial spurt of three goals in his opening four games, he has not found the net since the end of August.
The Welshman has made up for that with his creative side, he now boasts six assists.
The most recent of these was against Burnley to help United tie the game up with Marcus Rashford’s stoppage time goal.
This was so pleasing for James after Burnley had tried to kick him off the pitch. He proven he can stand up to the rough treatment and still produce.
Among the best
James’ tally of six assists is even more impressive considering he only managed his first one after the second international break of the season in late October, in the 1-1 draw with Liverpool.
He has three in his last four games and for the season, now ranks joint fourth in the Premier League.
Only three players have more assists than James. Kevin de Bruyne (12), Trent Alexander-Arnold (8), and Heung Min-Son (7).
James is level with David Silva and Sadio Mane on six assists for the season.
This puts him above players including Jack Grealish (5), Adama Traore (5), James Maddison (3), Christian Eriksen (2) and Mesut Ozil (1).
Both Maddison and Eriksen would improve United’s creative options, but it shows how well James is doing that he has more assists than they do combined.
Marcus Rashford is the nearest United player with four assists, while Andreas Pereira and Anthony Martial each have contributed three.
James is well on course to reach double figures in his first season for United. Hopefully 2020 will see him get back scoring goals too.
- What channel is Manchester City v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United's 5 best wins against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v City, Ten Hag picks attacker for first start this season
- 17-year-old Manchester United talent scores twice in thumping 6-1 Under-18s win
- Reports: Frenkie de Jong alternative Manchester United tried to sign before Casemiro is now available for £39m