Eric Bailly faces yet another spell out on the sidelines after picking up an injury in pre-season.
Former Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia has sent Bailly a supportive message on social media, backing him to return stronger.
Bailly was substituted in the win over Tottenham on China, just minutes after coming on.
He suffered a knee injury and has undergone an operation already.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told United’s official website: “He’ll miss the best part of four or five months. Hopefully, we’ll get him back around about Christmas.”
Former United captain Valencia, now playing for L.D. Quito in his homeland, sent Bailly a message on Instagram.
It read: “Strength my brother, you will become stronger, and never lose that smile.”
Valencia came through his share of injury problems at United during his 10 year stint at Old Trafford.
Unfortunately for Bailly this is his second knee injury in a year, getting injured in the April clash with Chelsea.
Time is running out for the £30 million star to re-establish himself at United. He seemed ready to kick on this summer.
Now he faces an anxious wait before the deadline to see if United add another centre-back to make his task harder upon his return.
Perhaps offloading Phil Jones or Marcos Rojo will help the £30 million star out, but patience is wearing thin among fans over Bailly’s brittle nature.
He’s clearly talented, but he is proving to be very difficult to rely on.
- Ethan Galbraith must impress on loan to jump ahead of Levitt and Garner at Manchester United
- Teden Mengi deserves to replace Phil Jones in Manchester United squad
- Manchester United would be absolutely fine without Pogba
- Manchester United’s Dylan Levitt must channel his idol Scholes during likely loan spell
- Manchester United fans should not get too excited following Dortmund’s transfer update