Andreas Pereira says he wants to stay at United
Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira says he is focused on staying put at Old Trafford.
Pereira has lost his place in the United team since Bruno Fernandes’ arrival and at times has not even made the matchday squad.
The Sun reported a fortnight ago that Pereira and Jesse Lingard could be sold in the summer with United open to offers for the pair.
Pereira is paying this no notice and says he wants to stay at United and win silverware.
He told the club’s official website: “Ole knows we will always be there for him. The young players give our faith and do everything to protect him, as he gives all his trust to us.
“I’m very honoured and that’s why, as well, I want to stay at United. I want to fight for him, win games and win trophies.
“I’ve seen it over the years, coming up from the cademy and being at United my whole career. It’s what I want to go on to do – win trophies for the club.”
Get this season done first
This season is still incomplete and Pereira is right to focus on the potential rewards on offer.
He could have a clean slate when he returns and he will be getting an important physical and mental rest, while trying to also improve his fitness.
Pereira scored United’s last goal against LASK before the season was halted.
He can still be a valuable squad player, and he has shown improvement this season on last year. He’s certainly had more game time.
Solskjaer believes in him, and while he is in charge, Pereira seems keen to stick around.
But as he showed under Jose Mourinho when he insisted on a loan to Valencia, if he isn’t getting picked and realises his career risks stalling, he may change his mind.
- Like Haaland: Van Dijk names 'quick' Manchester United striker target as one of his toughest opponents
- Manchester United keeping track of 'huge talent' Kouadio Kone
- Amazing unseen footage emerges of Manchester United's 1999 Treble win
- Prolific striker Ralf Rangnick wanted at Manchester United scores 6 goals in one game
- 'I know'… Club chief speaks out over 34-goal Manchester United target amid 'official offer' claims