United fans loved Lee Grant helping out with substitutions
Manchester United goalkeeper Lee Grant is yet to see action this season. And he probably won’t.
So he took it into his own actions to get involved.
Grant was seen on the touchline bizarrely stepping in for fourth official duties to help out with substitutions.
United’s coaching staff were down a few members due to covid against Newcastle.
That didn’t explain why Grant stepped into the official’s role though late against Newcastle.
He was seen holding the substitution board up when Mason Greenwood replaced Anthony Martial, and then he did the same again when Shola Shoretire and Juan Mata replaced Marcus Rashford and Dan James.
Grant is clearly a man of many talents. Shoretire’s debut will be partly remembered for his teammate holding up the board to bring him on.
Grant’s contribution caused some amusement among fans. The 38-year-old has barely been seen this season and this showed the goalkeeper has a pair of steady hands who United can rely upon.
Here is a look at some of the reaction to Grant’s surprise star turn…
- Report: Manchester United enquire after Mexico international winger who is open to offers
- 18 wins from 20 games: Star has good reason for being tempted by Manchester United move
- Photo: 20-year-old Manchester United wonderkid compared to De Ligt closing in on return after being missing all summer
- World Cup '94 winner says Manchester United transfer target has already surpassed him
- £59.7m Manchester United target reportedly set to sign four-year deal around £350,000 per week