Alex Telles made his Premier League debut against West Brom on Saturday night.
The Brazilian played all 90 minutes as United laboured to a 1-0 victory.
He should be pleased with his contribution as he helped the team to an important three points and clean sheet.
He touched the ball 104 times in total, only one fewer occasion than Nemanja Matic.
Telles won four aerial duels, made two tackles, and two interceptions. Defensively he made a good contribution.
He completed 84 per cent of his passes, and while on this occasion he did not create any chances, it wasn’t for lack of trying, with dangerous corners fizzed into the box.
Telles was on the end of a couple of corners from Bruno Fernandes too. Both times he lashed the ball into row Z. But it showed good attacking intent.
With Luke Shaw injured, Telles has a chance for a real run of games now. Brandon Williams is ready to step in if needed, but Telles’ display suggested he won’t be.
Telles showed a good connection with Fernandes too, who he already knows from the Portuguese league.
This was just Telles’ second game for United, and his first in the Premier League. United have won both matches he has played.
It would now be a surprise if he dropped out in midweek against Istanbul Basaksehir.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Telles’ performance…
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Harrison Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead