Dylan Levitt was the star of the show as Manchester United’s under-23 side won against Swansea last night.
Levitt was the orchestrator in midfield, and did not miss his usual partner James Garner, who has been promoted to the first team squad.
United won the game 4-1 with Levitt scoring the second goal, from the penalty spot.
This was Levitt’s third goal of the season for the under-23s in six games. He also has two assists.
Levitt is in excellent form, also providing an assist in Wales’ under-21 win last week.
The 18-year-old has already seen his teammate Garner called into the first team squad, along with Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood. He really is not very far behind, at all.
United are light in midfield and a recent injury suffered by Nemanja Matic stretches our options further.
Levitt is a midfielder capable of doing it all, he can win the ball, pass it well, and isn’t afraid to get forward and contribute to the attack.
Garner is awaiting his debut, but there is still a chance Levitt gets his this season too. It would be richly deserved.
It is very possible he is invited on the trip to Partizan Belgrade this week for the Europa League. James Garner was picked to travel to Alkmaar just a day after starring in the EFL Trophy win over Lincoln.
Performances like last night will help open doors for the teenager. He is passing every test put in front of him at the moment.
Here is a look at how Manchester United fans reacted to Levitt’s performance…
- Marcel Sabitzer’s record against British teams explored and why the Austrian could be a lucky charm vs Barcelona
- Will Martin Dubravka be awarded a winner’s medal if Manchester United win the Carabao Cup?
- Marcel Sabitzer has scored more club career goals than Anthony Martial
- Report: Mason Greenwood considers China career move
- Jadon Sancho breaks three month social media silence with message to Manchester United fans