Form is temporary and class is permanent. Cristiano Ronaldo showed that once again for Manchester United.
Ronaldo scored one goal and assisted another in Manchester United’s 3-0 away win at Tottenham.
He is the oldest player in seven years to score a goal and assist another in the same Premier League game.
Opta notes that bizarrely, he was the exact same age to the day, that Didier Drogba was when he did the same in 2014.
Chasing down Ole
Ronaldo is now up to 125 goals in total for Manchester United across his two spells at the club.
This is now just one behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s United tally of 126.
Ronaldo has already overtaken Andy Cole (121) since his return.
But he might just want to keep an eye on Marcus Rashford, who now has three in his last four games.
Rashford is now up to 91 goals, and is United’s 24 highest scorer of all time, with Ronaldo 17th.
Wayne Rooney is number one on the scoring charts with 253 in total.
Ronaldo has 796 all time goals for club and country, fast closing in on 800.
- Qatari investors planning ‘massive offer’ for Manchester United
- Fred says he enjoys scoring against Leeds and wants to keep doing it
- Bruno Fernandes will be looking to improve upon his formidable record against managerless Leeds United
- Raphael Varane gives his verdict on where Marcus Rashford ranks among the best players he’s played with
- Manchester United loanee Will Fish performances rated by Hibernian captain
- A look at how many times Mason Greenwood has been capped for England
- Erik ten Hag says Manchester United star is now injured and will not face Leeds tomorrow
- Manchester United ‘bid £100 million’ for Declan Rice last summer, claims transfer expert
- Dishon Bernard named in League One Team of the Week after impressive debut