Cristiano Ronaldo matches another record with goal and assist in Manchester United win
Form is temporary and class is permanent. Cristiano Ronaldo showed that once again for Manchester United.
Ronaldo scored one goal and assisted another in Manchester United’s 3-0 away win at Tottenham.
He is the oldest player in seven years to score a goal and assist another in the same Premier League game.
Opta notes that bizarrely, he was the exact same age to the day, that Didier Drogba was when he did the same in 2014.
Chasing down Ole
Ronaldo is now up to 125 goals in total for Manchester United across his two spells at the club.
This is now just one behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s United tally of 126.
Ronaldo has already overtaken Andy Cole (121) since his return.
But he might just want to keep an eye on Marcus Rashford, who now has three in his last four games.
Rashford is now up to 91 goals, and is United’s 24 highest scorer of all time, with Ronaldo 17th.
Wayne Rooney is number one on the scoring charts with 253 in total.
Ronaldo has 796 all time goals for club and country, fast closing in on 800.
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss