Manchester United superkid is currently away on international duty with Iraq Under-23s.
He is taking part in the 2021 WAFF Under-23 Championship in Saudi Arabia.
Last night, manager Miroslav Soukup shuffled his pack for the clash against Lebanon.
That meant that Iqbal captained the side as they played out a 2-2 draw, with qualification for the semi-finals already assured.
Iqbal opened the scoring after 15 minutes but his side slipped 2-1 behind before half-time. He was replaced on 73 minutes.
It was the 18-year-old’s first Under-23 goal on his fourth appearance and after the game he took to Instagram to celebrate.
What comes next?
Tomorrow, Iraq will face hosts Saudi Arabia in the last four for a place in the final.
The final is on 12 October and Iqbal will hope to keep his place in the side for the next match after scoring as captain.
The teenager would likely return to United with a spring in his step if he won an international trophy.
- Tielemans dominated United and showed Solskjaer what he needs and lacks
- Bruno Fernandes made most key passes in the Premier League at weekend
- Manchester United’s players ‘lack grit’ says BBC pundit
- Kobbie Mainoo scores incredible solo goal for England under-17s
- Josip Ilicic hits form at worst possible time for Manchester United