Manchester United youngster Teden Mengi was not in any of the training pictures published by Manchester United over the past week.
That was because the talented youngster was privileged enough to be invited to train with England’s first team squad.
Mengi, 19, spent time at St. George’s Park mixing with the likes of Harry Kane and John Stones, both pictured with him below.
Mengi said it was an ‘honour’ to have the opportunity and added he is now even more inspired to succeed.
Could a chance be on the horizon?
Mengi was unlucky to miss out on securing a loan move this summer, having spent the second half of last season at Derby County.
He started United’s first three pre-season games before being bumped down the pecking order when senior stars returned.
Now with injuries piling up, there is a potential opening which Mengi may be able to take advantage of.
With Raphael Varane and Harry Maguire out, United are an injury to Eric Bailly or Victor Lindelof away from having to find an alternative centre-back.
While Phil Jones may have an edge, it’s worth noting just how highly United’s coaches, and seemingly England’s, rate Mengi.
Mengi captained the under-23s recently even with Jones alongside him, and the team have now kept three clean sheets with the teenager in the side.
The youngster will be ready for a call if one comes, and he could be on the bench at least, over the upcoming weeks.
- Manchester United suffer predictable injury blow as Anthony Martial injury news breaks
- Marcus Rashford names ‘amazing’ Man United stars he chose as POTY
- “Spend it now”: Manchester United legend would splash £100m on ‘generational goal-getter’
- Edwin van der Sar steps down as CEO of Ajax: Paul Scholes wants him at Manchester United
- Top 10 Marcus Rashford Goals at Manchester United, Ranked