Manchester United have been pictured training ahead of Thursday night’s Premier League clash against Arsenal at Old Trafford.
Despite the club appointing Ralf Rangnick as interim manager until the end of the season, visa details mean the German coach is unable to take charge of the game against the Gunners.
Following back-to-back away games in charge against Villarreal and Chelsea, caretaker manager Michael Carrick will be given the opportunity to lead the team at the Theatre of Dreams.
The club’s former midfielder will have some big decisions to make in his first and probably only home game in charge.
After making the bold call of starting Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench against Thomas Tuchel’s side on Sunday, Carrick will have to decide whether the 36-year-old deserves a recall.
Under-23s defender Bjorn Hardley joined the first team training session on Tuesday at Carrington and was in the same eight-aside team as Ronaldo, alongside fellow youngsters Anthony Elanga and Amad.
With 10 goals from 13 starts so far this season, Ronaldo is undoubtedly United’s top goalscorer, but Carrick opted for a more dynamic and youthful forward line at Stamford Bridge.
Club captain Harry Maguire is back available after serving a one-game suspension, following his red card against Watford, in what was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s last game in charge of the Reds.
Eric Bailly came into the side against the Premier League leaders and performed well alongside Victor Lindelof.
Alongside Phil Jones, Mason Greenwood was back on the bench against the Blues after being out with Covid-19, but it remains to be seen whether Luke Shaw and Edinson Cavani are available against Mikel Arteta’s side.
French pair Raphael Varane and Paul Pogba remain absentees, as they continue their recovery from injuries.
- 'Superb', 'Proper footballer'… Some fans react to Manchester United loanee's performance
- 5 Interceptions: Manchester United star gave it his all, but Red Devils must move on
- 'Madness'… Many Manchester United fans upset with 'shocking' Ralf Rangnick decisions v Villa
- 'One of the best': Bruno Fernandes reacts to 19-year-old Manchester United whizkid's performance
- Roy Keane praises 'brilliant quality' Manchester United star's performance against Aston Villa