United stars react to Carrick's departure after Arsenal win
Michael Carrick announced his Manchester United exit after the 3-2 win over Arsenal at Old Trafford.
Carrick has steadied the ship after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sacking, and United are unbeaten in his three games in charge.
Bruno Fernandes got United level on the night after Emile Smith Rowe put Arsenal in front in bizarre circumstances and reacted to the news on Instagram after the game.
As per the club website, Carrick said: “My time at this great club will always rank as the best years of my career.
“When I first signed over 15 years ago, I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined winning so many trophies and I will certainly never forget the fantastic memories both as a player and as a member of the coaching team.
“However, after a lot of thought and deliberation, I have decided that now is the right time for me to leave the club.
“I want to place on record my thanks to all of the players and a special mention goes to the backroom staff, working long hours with such a great group of people has been a real pleasure and I have made some long-lasting friendships.”
England internationals Marcus Rashford and Harry Maguire also took to Instagram to react to the news.
Scott McTominay and Carrick’s former United teammate Gary Neville also took to social media to react to the departure which came as a shock.
It remains to be seen who Ralf Rangnick brings with him to join his coaching team, with no update on the futures of Mike Phelan or Kieran McKenna yet.
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m