Solskjaer says Martial is working very hard to improve
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has praised Anthony Martial for his workrate despite his recent poor form.
Solskjaer has said that the Frenchman is looking to improve all the time, and believes that he will get better.
The United boss made the comments following the 0-0 draw against Real Sociedad at Old Trafford in the Europa League.
Solskjaer was asked at his press conference what he wants to see from Martial and said: “Anthony knows what we want, and he is working really hard to do well for the team and that’s what is pleasing me the most when I see him every day in training.
“He is not going to sit down and wait for things to happen, he knows he will have to make it happen himself and we encourage him, we coach him, and we know he has going this quality and class.
“Everyone goes through difficult patches from time to time and I think we saw again tonight, he is working hard and that is the main thing.”
Martial has just seven goals to his name this season from 32 appearances across all competitions.
There are many fans who would like to see more obvious signs that Martial is working as hard as Solskjaer says here.
He has always had a languid style but last season he combined it with bite and determination more often.
This term, it’s been too easy for defenders to dispossess him both when he’s played on the left and through the middle.
And when compared to Edinson Cavani, who is nine years his senior, he doesn’t lead the press as effectively.
- Casemiro flight to Manchester, twist in £80m star's future, awful Glazer plan
- Luka Modric reacts as Casemiro move to Manchester United confirmed
- Real Madrid confirm Casemiro sale to Manchester United in emotional statement, and announce tribute plan
- Raphael Varane reacts as Manchester United announce Casemiro deal
- 3 reasons £59.7m Manchester United target is better signing than Frenkie de Jong