Sevilla have made an offer to Manchester United to sign Anthony Martial on loan until the end of the season.
According to Sky Sports, the La Liga side’s proposal is a straight loan until the end of the season that does not include an option or obligation to buy.
It is claimed that United are yet to respond to the Europa League side’s offer.
The club’s interim manager Ralf Rangnick has recently confirmed that Martial told him that he wants to leave United in talks last week.
The German coach said he understood the Frenchman’s desire to leave but any deal had to be right for the club.
The 26-year-old wasn’t part of the matchday squad that drew 1-1 against Newcastle United last night and it’s looking increasingly likely that Martial may have played his last game in a Manchester United shirt.
He hasn’t started a Premier League game since October which is where his solitary goal for the campaign came.
United’s number 11 hasn’t featured in any of the four games since Rangnick took over at the club.
Sevilla are currently second in La Liga, eight points behind the leaders Real Madrid with a game in hand. They are back in action on Monday against Cadiz after a short winter break.
Despite their impressive start to the La Liga campaign, Julen Lopetegui’s side didn’t qualify for the Champions League last-16 and instead dropped into the Europa League.
- Wayne Rooney encourages Erik ten Hag to emulate Jose Mourinho tactic in the FA Cup final
- 6 Manchester United players who could be playing for the final time at Old Trafford against Fulham
- ‘There is a pathway’: Erik ten Hag convinced award-winning academy prospects could feature in the first team next season
- Manchester United’s ‘number one target’ could follow in the footsteps of Wayne Rooney and Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Four signings to drive United toward a 21st league title next season