Manchester United are back in training and a number of young players are involved.
Largie Ramazani, Di’Shon Bernard and D’Mani Mellor were all pictured with the first team squad.
Ramazani has been prolific for the under-23s this season from the wing. The 18-year-old Belgian has scored seven goals in 12 games.
He was joined by promising defender Di’Shon Bernard who has also performed well in recent weeks.
The 19-year-old centre-back has made eight appearances for the under-23s and captained the side once.
Talented forward D’Mani Mellor was also involved, and was seen alongside Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Mellor’s season was interrupted by injury but he is back on track. He has scored three goals and provided four assists in seven games.
What does it all mean?
None of the trio are likely to feature this weekend, but there could be chances after that.
Solskjaer is likely running the rule over them with a view to playing in the remaining Europa League games, with qualification already assured.
Next week we travel to Astana and assistant coach Michael Carrick told United We Stand that more chances for young players are coming.
There were also returns for previously injured players Diogo Dalot, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Eric Bailly and Nemanja Matic.
Of the quartet, only Matic is likely to be in contention to feature this weekend against Sheffield United.
A number of players are still returning from international duty, which helps explain the young players involvement today, but it is good to see Solskjaer exploring the options available to him.
- What next for Dean Henderson at Manchester United as Blades eye alternatives?
- Smart loan move could see Manchester United’s Tahith Chong blossom in two positions
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing