Marcus Rashford sets Premier League record in Manchester United win
Marcus Rashford was in the right place at the right time to score Manchester United’s winning goal against West Ham.
The United forward netted his second goal in a week, and this time it was a decisive winning goal.
Rashford has become pretty good at this, having now set the record in Premier League history as the player with the most injury time winning goals.
It was the perfect time to score as United desperately needed the win to climb back into the top four.
Rashford’s very first injury time winner for United came back under Jose Mourinho away at Hull City in 2016, to keep up a winning start to the season.
Six years on he is still doing it, getting on the end of and Edinson Cavani cross to earn all three points against West Ham. And to net the winner at the Stretford End is always special.
Rashford needed this, after deservedly coming in for criticism amid an 11 game goal drought earlier this month.
He has now scored two goals in his last two games and the international break now comes at a bad time, just when he was coming back into form. He is up to five total goals for the season.
At least he can enter the break on a high, as can the rest of his teammates, with Ralf Rangnick steadying the rocking Old Trafford ship.
United are back into the top four, and while there is a long way to go yet, it feels a lot better than seventh, which is where United began the weekend.
- Manchester United signing says he is thrilled to be competing against his idol teammate
- New signing says Cristiano Ronaldo was the first player to personally welcome him to Manchester United
- Report: Sir Jim Ratcliffe identifies key man to lead Manchester United rebuild
- Champions League giants could have signed Cristiano Ronaldo had Mendes timed his call right, says journalist
- 25-year-old Manchester United ace pictured watching his former side in UEFA Youth League action