Jadon Sancho had the coolest head at Stamford Bridge after Jorginho lost the ball on the halfway line.
Using teammate Marcus Rashford as a decoy, Sancho ran towards goal, shimmied, and then calmly slotted the ball into the back of the net.
Sancho’s strike was his first Premier League goal and dispatched with the ruthlessness of a player netting his 100th. It may only be a matter of time.
After his midweek goal away at Villarreal, Sancho now has two goals this season, both in his last two matches, as he heads into a midweek clash at home to Arsenal.
Just like his goal in midweek, Sancho received praise from pals Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham on his Instagram page. The duo are clearly paying attention to his progress, with United a secondary aspect of that too.
Sancho must start v Arsenal
Manchester United face Arsenal on Thursday night and it feels like Sancho has become a must start.
With United’s strong array of attacking talent there are never guarantees, as Cristiano Ronaldo discovered.
Yet after a tricky start, Sancho has found his groove, and he has begun to show why United chased him for so long and spent so much money to sign him.
There could be renewed competition from a fresh Mason Greenwood, who was back on the bench against Chelsea.
United have a poor recent record against Arsenal, failing to win any of the three matches Mikel Arteta has been manager for, losing two and drawing one.
Sancho is United’s fresh weapon, who is sharpening up. Now would be the wrong time to send him back to the bench.
- Jadon Sancho pictured arriving at Old Trafford for Manchester United semi-final second leg
- How many transfer windows Phil Jones has now survived as a Manchester United player
- Rio Ferdinand responds to Paul Merson over Marcel Sabitzer criticism
- Can Marcel Sabitzer play in the Europa League? Eligibility and suspension explained
- Charlie Wellens set to leave Manchester United on free at end of the season