Odion Ighalo really is living the dream as a Manchester United player.
His first interview after his loan move was published today by the club website, where he spoke passionately about his desire to sign, and what he can bring to the team.
Ighalo says he has been a United supporter since he was a young boy, and he has now shared a photo of him visiting Old Trafford back in 2013.
At the time he was under contract to Udinese, out on loan at Spanish side Granada.
One of us
Ighalo will now be spending a lot of time at Old Trafford over the next few months.
If he thought starring for United may have been a distant dream in 2013, just at the start of this year he would have said it was impossible. Now here we are, a surprise twist to the reality of Manchester United in 2020.
The striker has played at Old Trafford before with Watford, and former strike partner Troy Deeney told Sky Sports today: “He had about 19 shots in that game. He was desperate to score.”
Ighalo probably thought his chance to score at Old Trafford had passed him by, but he will now get plenty of opportunities.
Let’s hope he scores a hatful, because if he can burst the net regularly his loan deal will become an instant success.
A permanent deal may seem optimistic at this point, but he can make it a talking point if he is a success.
His passion is great to see. Fans immediately want to see him do well, and live his dream, and the dream we all grew up with.
- 99 touches, 7 duels won: Manchester United star produces assured performance against West Ham
- 'Didn't put a foot wrong': Manager praises 'outstanding' Manchester United loanee
- 'We knew': West Ham defender gives his verdict on Manchester United after last-gasp defeat
- 'Treading carefully': Manchester United loanee won't return until next month
- 'It doesn't matter how or who': Manchester United star sends passionate message to fans