How much Erik ten Hag will earn as Manchester United manager
Manchester United have hired Erik ten Hag as the club’s new manager with the Dutchman signing a three year contract with an option for a further year.
Ten Hag will arrive at United once the current season is over. He is still pushing to clinch the Eredivisie title this campaign.
How much Ten Hag will earn
The Mail report Ten Hag will earn £9 million per year at Manchester United.
This will make him the fifth highest earning Premier League manager, behind Pep Guardiola (£19m), Jurgen Klopp (£16m), Antonio Conte (£15m) and Brendan Rodgers (£10m).
Ten Hag’s salary will become the highest paid Dutch manager in Premier League history.
- Martial, Greenwood, and Rashford were United’s future: Then it all went wrong
- The best XI of players Manchester United let leave since 2014
- Striker sold by United for £1m scores 20 goals in a season for the first time
How Ten Hag’s wage compares
The Mail report former Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer earned £7.5 million per year.
This was nothing compared to predecessor Jose Mourinho, whose contract dwarved Erik ten Hag’s.
The MEN reported Mourinho earned in excess of £20 million per year on his annual salary at United.
Louis van Gaal earned £8 million per year at United, £1 million less than Ten Hag will receive.
Ten Hag has the best win percentage (74 per cent) of any Ajax manager over the past 20 years, and also superior to Van Gaal’s stint (68 per cent).
- Erik ten Hag: 74 per cent
- Peter Bosz: 64 per cent
- Marcel Keizer: 58 per cent
- Frank de Boer: 60 per cent
- Marco van Basten: 57 per cent
- Martin Jol: 64 per cent
- Henk ten Cate: 67 per cent
- Danny Blind: 59 per cent
- Ronald Koeman: 62 per cent
- Louis van Gaal: 68 per cent