Brandon Williams put in another solid performance for Manchester United against Wolves.
He helped shut down Adama Traore for the second game in a row and keep a clean sheet.
United won the game 1-0 with an excellent Juan Mata goal midway through the second half.
BT Sport and Match of the Day host Gary Lineker was particularly impressed with Brandon Williams’ performance.
He said that he was more and more impressed with the 19-year-old.
United legend Gary Neville also praised Williams, commending both his attitude and ability.
Williams is passing every test put in front of him and is establishing himself as United’s first choice left-back.
The teenager was excellent in helping United keep another clean sheet and as usual tried to get forward as often as possible.
Against Wolves he made two interceptions and three clearances, and also created one chance.
Luke Shaw is quickly becoming a forgotten man, and that’s as much to do with Williams emergence as it is his own inconsistency and injury record.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v FC Copenhagen
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?
- Reaction to report Tahith Chong loan could be two-years long
- Manchester United may have played a masterstroke over Chris Smalling
- Martial and Rashford are teammates, not rivals