Bruno Fernandes has been named Premier League player of the month for December.
The Portuguese maestro has scooped the award in consecutive months, having won it in November too.
That makes it four player of the month awards already for Bruno, who has only been in English football since February.
Match of the Day’s Gary Lineker lead the plaudits for the Manchester United playmaker.
Bruno is the first player to win the award four times in a year.
We’re running out of superlatives for Fernandes but that stat just underlines the influence he has had on United right away.
He has to be among the leading contenders for the PFA Player of the Year already.
Bruno has already matched the total player of the month awards won by United legends Paul Scholes and Cristiano Ronaldo throughout their entire time at Old Trafford.
He is undroppable and he will be looking to produce a big performance at Anfield on Sunday.
Plenty has been made of the impact of penalties on Fernandes’s goal tally by worried and jealous rival supporters.
The numbers show he has scored twice the amount of goals from open play as the entire Liverpool midfield in the league this season.
Bruno sets the standards at United and it increasingly appears he’s setting them for the rest of the league too.
Now to celebrate with a goal at Anfield on Sunday.
- Securing Champions League qualification early could give United a big boost
- Who is reported United target Edmond Tapsoba?
- Edinson Cavani’s fitness problems are becoming a little concerning
- Charlie McNeill continues to make a name for himself with another winning goal
- Former United talent Largie Ramazani scores goal from his own half