Manchester United have been busy in the transfer market over the past week, with BBC Sport reporting a fee is agreed to sign Antony.
Could there be one last twist? A video shared by El Chiringuito showed Frenkie de Jong leaving Spain to fly to England.
Manchester United have chased De Jong all summer, with Sport reporting last week his agent was still holding talks with the Red Devils.
Well, there is reportedly a more innocent explanation for De Jong’s excursion to London, where United hold offices.
Actualite Barca claimed De Jong was flying to London to attend the wedding of Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek.
Whether this report is true is unclear. De Jong may simply be in England on another personal matter.
The midfielder has stayed steadfast with his determination to remain at Barcelona this summer, even after Manchester United had reportedly agreed a fee for him, The Athletic reported.
The sight of Frenkie de Jong boarding a flight to England was the sight United fans were desperate to see back in July.
United have since moved to sign Real Madrid star Casemiro instead. De Jong would make a terrific partner for him.
De Jong’s trip to the UK appears to be for his own holiday rather than business, but with the transfer window open, you never quite know.
- FRENKIE DE JONG: Factfile
- De Jong made his Ajax debut in 2018 and by 2019 he was playing in the semi-finals of the Champions League.
- He played 59 games under manager Erik ten Hag, losing only six times.
- Barcelona paid £65 million to sign him, he is their sixth most expensive signing.
- He has played 139 times for Barcelona, scoring 13 times, including in the final as they won the 20/21 Copa del Rey.
- At the age of 25 he already has more than 40 international caps with the Netherlands and is looking ahead to his first World Cup.