The latest name linked with a move to Manchester United is Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso.
The links stem from Spanish newspaper Marca, who claim United are battling Tottenham for the player.
Here is a look at five facts about the potential United signing…
- Lo Celso was recently sold to Real Betis by PSG, after the La Liga side activated a purchase clause on his loan deal for just £21 million.
- The Argentine has been making PSG look foolish. This season he scored 16 goals and provided five assists.
- Lo Celso has a 100 million Euros (88m) release clause in his Betis deal, although Mundo Deportivo report the Spanish side would be willing to sell at £53 million (60 million Euros), making a substantial profit on the fee they paid.
- He holds an Italian passport, meaning he would not require a work permit to play in England.
- Lo Celso holds a controversial former United player as his idol. He told Mundo Albiceleste that he had followed Angel di Maria from his time in Rosario, Argentina, and was thrilled to play alongside him for PSG and for his country.
ReactionLo Celso’s goal record this season matches Paul Pogba’s, without needing penalties to do it.
He has been touted as a replacement for Christian Eriksen at Tottenham, just the type of player United could do with.
At 23, Lo Celso is the right age for a player United should be targeting. He has great experience already, winning league titles in France.
He would be a cheaper option than Sporting’s Bruno Fernandes, who has also been attracting United’s attention.
We would be in favour a move for Lo Celso. Whether or not United’s ‘interest’ is legitimate, we are not yet convinced.