The international break usually means an increase in transfer rumours and that is especially the case with Manchester United.
Instead of a much needed defender being linked, the most intriguing name is Brazilian attacker Everton Soares.
ESPN claim United are tracking Soares, and that’s great, but who is he?
Fortunately we have everything you need to know. Here are five facts about the potential United signing…
1) Soares plays for Brazilian side Gremio – the same team United tried and failed to sign Ronaldinho from 15 years ago.
2) The 22-year-old can play as a left winger and as a striker, and has scored 15 goals this season, including five in the Copa Libertadores.
3) Soares’ form has seen him recently capped by Brazil. In August he was in the same squad as United midfielders Fred and Andreas Pereira.
4) Soares has a release clause in his Gremio contract of 60 million Euros (£53.3m)
5) He has played under former Chelsea boss and World Cup winner Luiz Felipe Scolari, who handed him his debut.
It is encouraging to see United looking to sign exciting attacking talent, and especially exploring different markets.
Soares would improve the team – but United should only move if the price is right, as Brazilian players have been very hit and miss at Old Trafford.
Would you like to see United take a chance on a player like Everton Soares?