Add a new name to the list. Manchester United are reportedly eyeing a move for Ozan Kabak.
The Mail report United are one of four teams interested, along with Bayern Munich, Arsenal and Tottenham.
Here is a look at five facts about Kabak…
- Kabak plays for German side Stuttgart, who have just suffered relegation from the Bundesliga. He has a release clause of £13.2 million.
- Stuttgart only signed Kabak in January, paying £9.9 million to land him from Galatasaray.
- The 19-year-old centre-back impressed in his short time in Germany, scoring three times in 17 games.
- Kabak has 50 youth international caps for Turkey and won his first senior cap in March.
- The youngster has been compared by the Bundesliga website to Sergio Ramos. He says his idols include Virgil van Dijk and Raphael Varane.
At just £13.2 million, Kabak could be a smart addition. At just 19, he made a positive impact in the Bundesliga this year despite his team’s misfortune.
Whether he is ready for a move to United and the pressure that brings with it, is another matter, but we need to start replacing Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo et al.
Paying big for Matthijs De Ligt or Kalidou Koulibaly is one option, the other is to make cheap, smart investments. Kabak would be a low cost gamble, and one we are intrigued by.