The Formula 1 season came to a dramatic finale at the weekend in Abu Dhabi.
Max Verstappen was the winner, after overtaking Lewis Hamilton on a dramatic and controversial final lap.
The win was celebrated by a Manchester United star past and present – for different reasons.
Happy Van de Beek
United midfielder Donny van de Beek was thrilled for his compatriot Max Verstappen to win the Formula 1 title.
He sent a message on social media congratulating his fellow Dutchman on his dramatic victory.
Becks also a fan
Former United hero David Beckham also congratulated Verstappen, and shared a picture of the young racer with his dad when he was a youngster.
Ex-United star was on the grid
Former United star Patrice Evra was left disappointed. He had travelled to the race in Abu Dhabi and was seen on the grid walk before the race.
Evra shared a video supporting Lewis Hamilton before the race. Hamilton had led the world championship before the final lap.
Disappointment for Manchester United sponsors
The big losers from the late drama from a Manchester United perspective were club sponsors TeamViewer.
TeamViewer sponsor Hamilton’s Mercedes Formula 1 team, who were hoping to win the driver’s championship through Hamilton.
While Mercedes won the constructors championship for best team, it was a mere consolation, with Hamilton’s defeat overshadowing the team success.
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player
- Manchester United treble winner says 4-2-3-1 suits Red Devils star so much better than 4-2-2-2