Dillon Hoogewerf has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
Hoogewerf signed for United from Ajax last summer and has been a regular for the under-18s.
Hoogewerf has been a key part of United’s FA Youth Cup run to the semi-finals.
He has scored three goals in three games in the competition including the winner against Leeds United at Old Trafford in a closely contested game.
He picked up a hamstring injury in that match which has sidelined him since.
This break from action may do him and United good as he will be fit by time the semi-finals eventually get played.
Hoogwerf turned 17 at the end of February and getting him tied down to a professional contract is an important step for club and player.
The hard work is only just getting started for the young striker, but he has shown enough in his first season at United that everybody concerned should be encouraged.
- Diogo Dalot mocks Bruno Fernandes’ new look
- Manchester United’s worst ever deal now looks even worse
- Fred picks out Garner and Gomes as top two United academy prospects
- Reacting to De Ligt for Pogba swap rumour reports
- Nemanja Matic says Scott McTominay can become a United legend