Dillon Hoogewerf has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
Hoogewerf signed for United from Ajax last summer and has been a regular for the under-18s.
Hoogewerf has been a key part of United’s FA Youth Cup run to the semi-finals.
He has scored three goals in three games in the competition including the winner against Leeds United at Old Trafford in a closely contested game.
He picked up a hamstring injury in that match which has sidelined him since.
This break from action may do him and United good as he will be fit by time the semi-finals eventually get played.
Hoogwerf turned 17 at the end of February and getting him tied down to a professional contract is an important step for club and player.
The hard work is only just getting started for the young striker, but he has shown enough in his first season at United that everybody concerned should be encouraged.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan