Manchester United’s Champions League campaign got off to the best possible start with a 3-0 win away to Young Boys.
Here is a look at five notable facts and statistics to emerge from the victory.
- Marcus Rashford made a surprise contribution defensively. He made four successful clearances – one more than Nemanja Matic. It’s the type of work rate which will certainly impress Jose Mourinho.
- Andreas Pereira has had a low key role since United’s loss against Brighton. Last night he impressed in a 16 minute cameo… completing 100 per cent of his passes.
- Luke Shaw continues to be terrific. He was United’s most creative player, providing three key passes.
- Debutant Diogo Dalot impressed. The Portuguese right-back was the only United defender to make an interception, and he managed two.
- This was United’s first away win in Switzerland since 2002, a 3-1 win away to Basel. Ruud van Nistelrooy scored twice with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer adding a third. Two subsequent trips have ended in defeat.
Have something to tell us about this article?