Manchester United's three worst players against Liverpool
Manchester United produced an utterly unacceptable performance at home to Liverpool and were deservedly beaten 5-0.
The game was over by half-time and United were actually fortunate Liverpool did not score more in a second half where Paul Pogba was sent of.
There were no individual performances to be proud of but on a miserable day, three players stood out as particularly poor in a red shirt.
Lindelof approached the game timidly, and looked utterly devoid of confidence on the ball.
Raphael Varane’s absence has handed the Sweden captain a chance to remind Solskjaer of his quality, but he was poor throughout here.
Lindelof’s display did not inspire confidence and created nervousness throughout Old Trafford from the off.
Lindelof’s central defensive partner Maguire was just as bad.
He was rushed back at Leicester, putting in a poor performance at the home of his former club and this was even worse.
Maguire crashed into Luke Shaw in the lead-up to Diogo Jota’s goal, which made it 2-0.
As the leader of this team, scrutiny will fall on him as he oversaw a heavy home defeat for the second time in a little over a year and rightly so.
Shaw has been below the standard he set for himself all season and this was his toughest test so far, up against Mo Salah.
Salah scored a hat-trick and Shaw was all at sea. He played Maguire into trouble early on, and never got to grips with the game.
Shaw was often dragged out of position and has some work to do now to rebuild his confidence.
- Ajax star backs Erik ten Hag for trophies at Manchester United in emotional message
- Paul Pogba drops cryptic 'see you soon' message to Paulo Dybala, who is set to leave Juventus
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million