There won’t be too many Manchester United fans firing up the highlights of the draw with Everton.
The 1-1 draw felt like a setback and two points dropped, on a weekend where Manchester City and Liverpool face each other.
Amid the disappointment at another disjointed team performance performance, there were a handful of decent displays from Ole Gunner Solskjaer’s men.
Here is a look at three players who stood out for the right reasons…
Martial was a surprise starter, and there were some signs of rustiness and low confidence at times.
But he did rifle United in front when the opportunity came his way which got Old Trafford singing his name,
His confidence went up after that and it was unfortunate that injury forced him off early in the second half.
Martial will hope the problem is nothing serious because this was his best afternoon of the season by a long way.
This was another smooth performance from Varane who has stepped up in the absence of Harry Maguire.
Salomon Rondon provided a physical challenge but Varane was not phased and this was another good display.
David de Gea could easily have got praise here, although he didn’t have as much to do as against Villarreal on Wednesday night – thankfully.
The team performances may need improving but the signs are that Varane is now settled in English football.
Sancho came on for Martial and was United’s brightest forward when in search of a winning goal.
His confidence is growing and he got the home fans going on a couple of occasions.
Unfortunately, he failed to score United’s biggest chance of the half. If he had netted, his confidence would likely have been through the roof now.
There’s more to come from Sancho, but there are also signs he’s getting sharper and more confident.
- Rangnick should reward talented Manchester United youngster after eye-catching display
- Manchester United would be foolish not to pursue signing 'unplayable' £135m man on a free transfer
- 'Never give up': Manchester United players react as ex-teammate makes return after 321 days injured
- 4 Chances Created: Manchester United loan midfielder makes another case for recall
- 'Will be a club captain'… Some fans react to Manchester United loanee's 'outstanding' performance and interview