Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
Ralf Rangnick has named his starting line-up for this evening’s Premier League clash with Aston Villa. Kick off is at 5.30pm.
This is United’s second meeting with Villa within a matter of days, having beaten them in the FA Cup third round on Monday night.
Here is a look at how United line up…
You can see how the lineup compares to our predicted lineup here.
The big news is Cristiano Ronaldo is still not fit enough to be included in the squad after missing Monday’s match as well.
Academy graduate Anthony Elanga has been handed his first start of the season after another impressive cameo in the FA Cup win.
Alex Telles comes in for the suspended Luke Shaw, with Nemanja Matic in for Scott McTominay. Donny van de Beek’s wait for a league start continues – he is on the bench here.
It could be a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-3-1 formation, with the personnel on the pitch.
Rangnick spoke of needing an extra midfielder on Monday to deal with Villa’s rotation, so perhaps the latter option is more likely, with Bruno Fernandes in the number ten role.
Elanga deserves his break; he impressed in pre-season before injury struck and probably deserved more opportunities under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
He has been bright every time he has come on under Rangnick and with the pressure mounting and a good team performance needed, Rangnick has put his faith in the Swedish talent.
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out
- Reward for failure: MUST criticise 'indefensible' £11m Glazer dividend payment
- 'Graveyard'… Neville says Glazers to blame as Manchester United battle for signing
- Last ditch effort to sign Manchester United midfielder being considered, 51 games played this season