Marash Kumbulla is the latest young talent linked with a move to Manchester United.
The Sun report United have the teenager in their sights, but he is also on Chelsea’s radar too.
So who is Marash Kumbulla and what could he bring to United?
Kumbulla is a 19-year-old central defender who plays his football for Hellas Verona in Serie A.
He has already played 13 games across all competitions for the club this season, following their promotion from Serie B last term.
The teenager was born in Peschiera del Garda, Italy but has elected to play for Albania, turning out at Under 17, Under 19, Under 21 level before making his senior debut in 2019.
RB Leipzig have reportedly tabled a £13 million bid for Kumbulla, and the report also says Verona are keen to cash in on him.
Where do United fit in?
Alongside United and Chelsea, there are a host of clubs across Europe named in the report.
Leipzig have apparently made the first move and several Italian clubs are also keen.
Juventus, Inter Milan, Atalanta and Napoli are also reportedly interested in swoop, if Kumbulla elects to stay in Italy.
Kumbulla can also play in defensive midfield, meaning that he can operate in two areas where United have been left short by injuries.
Even at just 19, United’s lack of defensive and midfield cover and Kumbulla’s impressive debut season so far would mean he would expect to go into the first team setup.
At a small fee, he might be worth taking a punt on, but this is probably one for the summer if at all, rather than a January priority.
- Be patient and confident over Manchester United transfers
- Luca Ercolani’s attitude shows why Manchester United have kept him
- Angel Gomes training with Pogba and Fernandes gives tantalising glimpse of potential Manchester United future
- Manchester United should offer Sanchez for Ighalo and solve two problems
- Ramazani may have easier route to Manchester United first-team than Mejbri