Eduardo Camavinga is a young player who has even more clubs fighting over him than Jude Bellingham.
As we noted at the end of last month, if United miss out on Bellingham, then the club should make Camavinga the top priority if determined to add a young midfield star of the future.
There is a real case that Camavinga could be a better player too, and United already reportedly have him in the club’s sights [via The Sun]. He’s one of those talents which are too good to ignore.
An eye-catching statistic was highlighted this weekend which showed just how good he is. And remember Camavinga is just 17.
More tackles than Wan-Bissaka
Firstly we are glad to see Wan-Bissaka’s name up there as the third highest tackler among Europe’s big leagues.
It’s not surprising though. He is prolific, and with Leicester’s Ricardo Pereira injured, Wan-Bissaka had a great chance of finishing the season at number one before the campaign was halted.
Camavinga’s name being at number two shows just what a talent the young Rennes teenager is.
It’s little wonder he is in demand, and this summer is the time to buy. He has proved himself at his club already, making 36 appearances so far this season.
By next summer he is likely to be part of the France squad for Euro 2021 at the rate he is going.
If United are able to land him, he would be a really smart investment for the future, in addition to being a player who is able to contribute immediately.
Put him in the same team as Wan-Bissaka and opponents really would have their work cut out.
There is heavy competition from La Liga clubs. AS report he would cost 50m Euros (£46 million). It could be a worthwhile investment.
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player