United keen to take young striker James Graham on trial for second time
Manchester United’s desire to snap up the best young talent in Europe continues.
The Scottish Sun report United had Ross County striker James Graham on trial at the club at the start of March.
The enforced football break has halted progress, but United were impressed enough to want to take a second look.
It is claimed United want Graham to take a second trial at the next possible opportunity, with a view to a deal.
Graham is 15-years-old and is regarded as one of the top young striker prospects in Scotland, and has featured for Ross County at under-18 level.
United are not alone in the chase for the young forward, with other clubs taking interest.
Liverpool reportedly took a look at him late last year and it is now claimed that both Celtic and Wolves are keen. United obviously have an advantage having already brought him in once.
The young striker has represented his country at youth level and is highly regarded.
United have been busy over the past 12 months recruiting academy talent from around Europe.
Dillon Hoogewerf, Hannibal Mejbri, Johan Guadagno, and Mateo Mejia are among the young players brought in.
Earlier this week it was confirmed United have signed Czech goalkeeper Radek Vitek, in a deal which was secretly done in January and only ratified by FIFA this week.
United’s pursuit of Graham shows the club are leaving no stone unturned in the continued quest to bring in top talent, and if he chooses us ahead of rival offers, it will be another positive sign for the future.
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury