The Jadon Sancho transfer saga continues at Manchester United.
Sky Sports reported United do not want to be bullied over the asking price for the England international, but they have now cleared Alexis Sanchez out of the way.
We’ve looked at three Reds who would likely be impacted if Sancho made his move to Old Trafford…
Sancho’s signing would push James, who only signed for United last summer, further down the pecking order.
In truth, the former Swansea man becoming a squad player need not cause any panic.
It’s a big ask to jump from the Championship to the world’s biggest club and he may benefit from being more of a rotation option, with less expectation on him next term.
As per Transfermarkt, James has made 33 appearances this term, but he could expect that to decrease if Sancho signs on the dotted line.
Academy graduate Lingard has two goals in two games, but it is tricky to see where he fits into this United squad.
Solskjaer clearly has an affinity with Lingard, but the two wingers he’d have signed if Sancho comes – James being the other – would likely be higher up the pecking order.
Lingard’s mini-spell of form may yet be more useful in terms of putting him in the shop window as opposed to saving his United career if Sancho signs.
Greenwood had established himself as United’s first choice right winger at the end of the Premier League season, but that is the position Sancho is likely being signed to play.
That could mean Greenwood battling with Anthony Martial for the central striker’s role next term, or being more of an impact sub off the bench.
After an impressive breakthrough season, it would be interesting to see what Sancho’s arrival would mean for Greenwood’s role next term.
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Pep Guardiola praises United’s display
- Solskjaer says Shaw and Martial nearly did not start against City
- United fans react to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s performance
- Dean Henderson draws praise from Graeme Souness
- Eric Bailly posts amusing message to Harry Maguire after United win
- Edwin van der Sar and Rio Ferdinand react to Manchester United’s win
- Donny van de Beek reacts to Manchester United’s win