According to the Telegraph, German outfit Bayer Leverkusen have joined the race to loan Brandon Williams.
They report that Southampton hold an interest in the Manchester United defender but face competition from abroad.
That includes Leverkusen, who are interested in a deal for a minimum of six months.
Santiago Arias’s leg break has left the Bundesliga side looking at options, and they have apparently looked at Premier League players Neco Williams and Hector Bellerin before.
It would certainly be an interesting opportunity for the United academy graduate.
They sit top of the Bundesliga, and have not lost any of their 12 league games this season.
Peter Bosz’s side are also the Europa League’s highest scorers so far, with 21 in six games.
Kai Havertz left for Chelsea in the summer but reported United target Leon Bailey has stepped up to the plate to fire their title charge.
Williams had a breakthrough season in 2019/20 but has found games hard to come by this term.
While some fans may prefer for him to get regular football in England, he seemingly has the opportunity to experience a new league, battle for a title and remain in European competition with Bayer.
Jadon Sancho is the most notable example of young English players shining in Germany. Jude Bellingham recently followed suit and Everton full back Jonjoe Kenny shone last season at Schalke.
Williams has an interesting decision to make. Going to Germany would be a brave move for someone who has only known United in his football career so far, but it could pay off handsomely.
- Manchester United’s Dan James will be hoping for another moment of magic against Chelsea
- Amad Diallo showed a new side to his game against Real Sociedad
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Chelsea
- Who is reported United target Gleison Bremer?
- Eric Bailly says Sergio Ramos is his idol
- Solskjaer says Martial is working very hard to improve
- Can Diogo Dalot play against Manchester United in the Europa League?
- 2 positives and 1 negative from Manchester United drawing Milan
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance