The end of June will mark the end of the line for a handful of Manchester United players, with Sergio Romero and Joel Pereira among those with expiring contracts.
For others, they are only just getting started. One of these is former Derby County youngster Malachi Sharpe.
The Athletic reported earlier this year United were negotiating with Derby to sign three talented teenagers from the Rams’ academy.
Sharpe was one of these and has already put pen to paper on a United contract. He underwent his first United training session this week.
Sharpe was pictured signing his United contract last month. His time at the club is now just getting started.
Sharpe will go into the under-16s next season and could be promoted to the under-18s if he performs well.
But the 2022/23 season is more likely the one where Sharpe will begin
He could be joined in United’s academy by former Derby teammates Sekou Kaba, and James Scanlon.
- Arnau Puigmal announces Manchester United departure
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return
- Solskjaer says Martial and James not ready to start v Fulham
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training
- Who is reported Manchester United target Mauro Arambarri?