The end of June will mark the end of the line for a handful of Manchester United players, with Sergio Romero and Joel Pereira among those with expiring contracts.
For others, they are only just getting started. One of these is former Derby County youngster Malachi Sharpe.
The Athletic reported earlier this year United were negotiating with Derby to sign three talented teenagers from the Rams’ academy.
Sharpe was one of these and has already put pen to paper on a United contract. He underwent his first United training session this week.
Sharpe was pictured signing his United contract last month. His time at the club is now just getting started.
Sharpe will go into the under-16s next season and could be promoted to the under-18s if he performs well.
But the 2022/23 season is more likely the one where Sharpe will begin
He could be joined in United’s academy by former Derby teammates Sekou Kaba, and James Scanlon.
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap
- Lothar Matthaus praises Ronaldo’s Manchester United transfer
- Dillon Hoogewerf shows touch of class in Manchester United EFL Trophy win