Will Fish becomes latest Manchester United youngster to sign pro deal
Another bright young talent has signed his first Manchester United contract.
17-year-old defender Will Fish has committed his future to the club after an impressive season in the academy.
Fish follows striker Dillon Hoogewerf and goalkeeper Johan Guadagno in signing professional contracts over the past week.
Fish has had a very impressive season this past year, making his debut for the under-23 side in September at just 16.
At times he has been overshadowed by outstanding teammate Teden Mengi, under-18s captain, who has rightly been commanding attention. Together they can help each other succeed.
Fish himself remains a real prospect at centre-back and as a Manchester lad, United will be keen he succeeds.
Fish has made three under-23 appearances this season in total, in addition to his more regular showings at under-23 level.
Injury has prevented him from being as involved in United’s FA Youth Cup run as he would have liked. When and if the competition resumes at the semi-final stage, like Hoogewerf, he will hope to be available.
He turned 17 in mid-February this new contract is reward for good progress in his young career so far.
Like with all young players, you never know if they will make the leap, and Fish has a big queue of stars ahead of him. At present he is doing everything right and hitting all the check points. His progress is going to be one to watch.
- Stars who have played for Manchester United and Watford amid Bachmann links; including 3 strikers
- The Manchester United player we really can't believe will return for pre-season
- 34-goal Manchester United target signs new deal with £51m release clause from 2023
- Spanish press explain how Barcelona reacted to Manchester United's Frenkie de Jong bid
- Manchester United eyeing major swoop which could change Premier League history