Manchester United have been linked with a move for Romain Faivre.
French outlet Le10Sport report United are ‘attentive’ to Faivre’s recent performances, amid competing interest from Paris Saint-Germain.
So who is Faivre and what might he be able to bring to United?
Here is a look at what you need to know…
1) Faivre is under contract with Brest until 2025 after signing from Monaco in the summer for a fee reported by GFFN to be around just £500,000.
2) This season Faivre has scored four goals and provided three assists in 19 league games. Before this season he had only made one Ligue 1 appearance with Monaco.
3) Faivre has two goals in four games for France’s under-21 side. He played in the same talented team as Matteo Guendouzi, Wesley Fofana and Jules Kounde among others.
4) Faivre is an attacking midfielder who has played on both the left wing and right wing this season, scoring from both positions.
5) Providing an average of 2.1 key passes per game this season, Faivre is the joint fourth most creative player in Ligue 1. His 2.6 successful take-ons per game sees him ranked as the fifth best dribbler in the division this season.
Finally stepping up
Faivre has found it tough going up until now to live up to his potential. Now his form on loan at Brest is finally seeing him flourish at the age of 22.
Ligue 1’s official website described him as ‘among the revelations’ of the season so far earlier in the campaign.
Manager Olivier Dall’Oglio told the league’s website: “He is a player who goes fast, has good technique and runs a lot.
“He can play in several attacking midfield positions: on the right, on the left, and in the centre in support of an attacker
“But above all, Romain is a boy who wants to make up for time lost at Monaco.
“He wants to move forward, he is ambitious, he is serious, he works, he has goals.”
Faivre is an interesting option because of his ability to take players on and create chances.
United may want to see more of him than just half a season before committing money for him, but Faivre is certainly a player worth monitoring.
It is probably in his interests to stay put and develop, with so little first team experience to his name, but if United feel he is ready now, he could probably be bought for pretty cheap and Brest could make a decent profit.
United need wingers able to contribute now, and ease pressure on prospects Diallo and Pellistri.
You can watch him in action in the video below…
- Manchester United's Champions League opponents could have springboard to finding best form
- 99 touches, 7 duels won: Manchester United star produces assured performance against West Ham
- 'Didn't put a foot wrong': Manager praises 'outstanding' Manchester United loanee
- 'We knew': West Ham defender gives his verdict on Manchester United after last-gasp defeat
- 'Treading carefully': Manchester United loanee won't return until next month
- 'It doesn't matter how or who': Manchester United star sends passionate message to fans
- Rio Ferdinand mocks his brother after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'He can go to the top': Manager tips 'unbelievable' Manchester United loanee to achieve big things
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial respond to teammate's 'Fergie time' message
- 'Amazing feeling'… Manchester United attacker says it was a dream to hear fans singing his name