There was a bit of a twist in the Jadon Sancho transfer saga this week when he missed Dortmund’s German Super Cup match through illness.
Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet claimed to have ‘several sources’ suggesting Sancho was trying to force an exit from Dortmund.
The latest state of play according to Ruhr Nachrichten in Germany says that Dortmund are ‘worried’ about Sancho’s availability to play against Freiburg on Saturday.
The report says Sancho took part in a ‘relaxed session’ in Dortmund’s training on Thursday.
The German side need to be at the top of their game after losing their last two matches.
Not giving up yet
Sky Sports report Sancho told Dortmund before August that he wanted to quit the club to join Manchester United.
Even if Sancho plays for Dortmund this Saturday, it would not rule out the possibility of him joining United.
The report says United have not walked away from the deal, suggesting there could be an ongoing attempt to sign him.
United are running out of time. The transfer window closes on Monday at 11pm.
Whatever other deals United manage to do, they will be viewed via the prism of the Sancho move.
If United sign Sancho, the club’s top target, then this summer will go down eventually as a successful one despite the drawn out saga.
But if Sancho remains a Dortmund player when the deadline passes, then United will have failed, irrespective of whoever else is signed.
- Rio Ferdinand praises Bruno Fernandes performance in Manchester United win
- Five things we learned as Manchester United beat Istanbul Basaksehir
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Istanbul Basaksehir
- Three mistakes made against Istanbul which United can’t afford to repeat
- Three reasons Donny van de Beek must start against Istanbul Basaksehir
- ‘Very good player’: Rafael really impressed by Manchester United star
- Solskjaer says he was disappointed when United let Rafael leave
- Diogo Dalot not yet first choice at AC Milan
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Istanbul Basaksehir