Ethan Laird is picking up vital experience on loan at MK Dons and had another good 90 minutes at the weekend.
Laird, 19, featured in MK Dons’ 1-1 draw at home to Oxford in League One.
The teenager won more aerial duels than any player in his team, seven in total.
Laird got forward well too, attempting two shots at goal, one which drew a smart save from the goalkeeper.
Speaking after the game, the Manchester United loanee said he is enjoying time first loan spell.
Laird told MK Dons’ website: “I played well, I’m still striving to get better and better and better, that’s why I’m here.
“It’s brilliant, I couldn’t ask for more, the way the manager is trusting me.”
The youngster has been featuring in a right wing-back role which allows him to showcase his attacking qualities.
This saw him pick up a second assist of his spell in midweek with a pacy, driving run to the touchline before delivering an accurate cross for a tap-in.
Laird has held up well, considering how misfortune at under-23 level had seen him become regarded as ‘injury prone’.
The youngster has now made 10 League One appearances, all starts, plus another in the FA Cup from the bench.
If he can continue to stay fit and keep playing to the level he has been and further refining his game, then Laird will return to United in the summer hopeful of challenging Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s position.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract