Ethan Laird is picking up vital experience on loan at MK Dons and had another good 90 minutes at the weekend.
Laird, 19, featured in MK Dons’ 1-1 draw at home to Oxford in League One.
The teenager won more aerial duels than any player in his team, seven in total.
Laird got forward well too, attempting two shots at goal, one which drew a smart save from the goalkeeper.
Speaking after the game, the Manchester United loanee said he is enjoying time first loan spell.
Laird told MK Dons’ website: “I played well, I’m still striving to get better and better and better, that’s why I’m here.
“It’s brilliant, I couldn’t ask for more, the way the manager is trusting me.”
The youngster has been featuring in a right wing-back role which allows him to showcase his attacking qualities.
This saw him pick up a second assist of his spell in midweek with a pacy, driving run to the touchline before delivering an accurate cross for a tap-in.
Laird has held up well, considering how misfortune at under-23 level had seen him become regarded as ‘injury prone’.
The youngster has now made 10 League One appearances, all starts, plus another in the FA Cup from the bench.
If he can continue to stay fit and keep playing to the level he has been and further refining his game, then Laird will return to United in the summer hopeful of challenging Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s position.
- Luke Shaw delivers passionate message against Super League
- Hung out to dry: Manchester United players deserve our full support
- Jack Kingdon sends message after making Manchester United under-18s debut
- United fans praise Guardiola comments about Super League
- Marcus Rashford expresses discontent towards United’s Super League plans
- Manchester United Supporter’s Trust issue statement after meeting with Prime Minister
- Four benefits of United finally having a full week without a game
- Manchester United a rebel with a self-serving cause as FIFA join fight against Super League
- Manchester United’s biggest wins of all-time