It is international week which means there are a lot fewer faces than normal at Carrington.
The likes of Donny van de Beek, Paul Pogba, and Edinson Cavani are all dotted around the globe with their national teams.
Several players are left behind for various reasons. Fred has been overlooked by Brazil for two years, while Odion Ighalo and Nemanja Matic have both retired from international football.
Brandon Williams was in the last England under-21 squad, but was not called up this time, after not playing at club level over the past month.
Williams joked there were ‘no happy faces’ at Carrington with no game on this weekend.
A picture of the always smiling Fred quickly contradicted Williams’ comment.
Others pictured included Odion Ighalo, Nemanja Matic, and Juan Mata.
Teden Mengi was present, although he is due to join England’s under-19s for a training camp.
Axel Tuanzebe, Jesse Lingard, Nathan Bishop, Lee Grant and Sergio Romero were all involved.
Facundo Pellistri also featured
Facundo Pellistri was not involved for United’s first team, under-23 or under-18 team over the weekend.
There does not appear any injury related reason to worry. Pellistri was pictured in the midweek training session.
This smaller training group should work to Pellistri’s benefit.
Coaches can pay him closer attention, and he can get to know his teammates better. Having experienced stars like Juan Mata close at hand should be a big help.
The Uruguayan’s next steps at United will still likely be with the under-23s.
But he may have a chance over the next week or so to demonstrate that he should be considered for first team opportunities. United would dearly love him to take the step up.
- United fans puzzled by Cavani for James substitution
- Anthony Martial faces fitness battle for Manchester derby
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw with Crystal Palace
- Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- It’s getting harder to see Manchester United keeping Juan Mata
- Report: Erling Haaland will consider United but not Chelsea
- Luke Shaw has been ‘unbelievable recently’ says Dan James
- Some United fans react as Solskjaer predicts a quiet summer transfer window