Manchester United sealed the transfer of Harry Maguire earlier today.
United announced Maguire’s arrival just after midday, with the defender becoming the club’s third summer signing.
There are only a few days before the season begins, but Maguire’s task is made easier by the fact he knows some of the United players well already.
This is from his time with the England squad, where he was part of the team along with Jesse Lingard which reached the World Cup semi-finals last summer.
Linagrd sent Maguire a message on Twitter earlier and received a reply from the £80 million man.
Maguire’s existing relationships with some of United’s players will help him settle, and he knows others from playing against them.
There is a strong case for Maguire to go straight into United’s starting XI against Chelsea on Sunday. Read our pros and cons here.
At the moment it seems Maguire could be United’s final signing of the transfer window, but there’s still time for this to change.
The deadline is on Thursday at 5pm, with focus among fans turning to the attack to see if at least one new face can be added.
We aren’t holding our breath though.
- Jadon Sancho is a ‘fox in the box’ as well as a top creative star
- Solskjaer suggests Phil Jones could have Europa League role to play for Manchester United
- Three questions Solskjaer will be looking at in United’s clash with LASK
- Manchester United fans give verdict on new 2020/21 home kit
- Phil Jones and Ethan Galbraith included in Manchester United Europa League squad