Manchester United sealed the transfer of Harry Maguire earlier today.
United announced Maguire’s arrival just after midday, with the defender becoming the club’s third summer signing.
There are only a few days before the season begins, but Maguire’s task is made easier by the fact he knows some of the United players well already.
This is from his time with the England squad, where he was part of the team along with Jesse Lingard which reached the World Cup semi-finals last summer.
Linagrd sent Maguire a message on Twitter earlier and received a reply from the £80 million man.
Maguire’s existing relationships with some of United’s players will help him settle, and he knows others from playing against them.
There is a strong case for Maguire to go straight into United’s starting XI against Chelsea on Sunday. Read our pros and cons here.
At the moment it seems Maguire could be United’s final signing of the transfer window, but there’s still time for this to change.
The deadline is on Thursday at 5pm, with focus among fans turning to the attack to see if at least one new face can be added.
We aren’t holding our breath though.
- Manchester United fans call for Angel Gomes to feature against Palace
- Solskjaer gives quiet and important backing to Axel Tuanzebe
- Early look ahead to Manchester United v Crystal Palace
- In praise of Paul Pogba’s start to the season
- Looking at Dan James’ first Manchester United start