United players celebrate 'incredible night' as Rashford toasts hat-trick
Manchester United’s players had a lot to celebrate after demolishing RB Leipzig 5-0.
Leipzig came into this game unbeaten in all competitions, and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League last season.
Marcus Rashford (3), Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial all scored.
This was Rashford’s first career hat-trick, and posting on social media, he says he had waited a long time for his moment.
The England star admitted he was disappointed that there were no fans in attendance to share his joy with.
Anthony Martial had the same mixed feelings back in June when he netted his first career hat-trick, with no crowd in action.
Paul Pogba supplied the pass for United’s opening goal, and he also posted on social media celebrating a second successive Champions League win.
Teammates Fred and Victor Lindelof also posted on Instagram, with the Brazilian pointing out that he felt the players’ hard work is paying off.
Fred described the victory as an ‘incredible night’, while acknowledging there is still more work to do.
United now have a few days to prepare to visit Arsenal on Sunday.
The team have won five away games this season out of five, and now the home hoodoo is out the way too.
An away win at the Emirates would be a huge result, and this was the perfect preparation.
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'