United loanee Dylan Levitt praised by Charlton boss despite defeat
Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt was picked out for praise by Charlton boss Lee Bowyer despite defeat at the weekend.
Charlton were beaten 2-0 away at Lincoln City, with Levitt starting the game.
Bowyer told the club website after the game that he saw Levitt’s performance as a positive he could take away.
He said: “I’ll take a lot of positives. I thought Dylan in his first proper league game, there was a lot to be happy in his performance – his range of passing and awareness.”
Just getting going
This was Levitt’s first league start. He played 76 minutes before being substituted.
The Wales international had three shots at goal, but his efforts were wayward, all landing off target, but at least he showed some attacking intent.
He made one tackle, while completing 85 per cent of his passes.
Bowyer’s words will encourage him, and that may be what they are intended for, to give a young player some belief after a defeat.
Levitt is only 19-years-old and some players adapt to competitive football more quickly than others.
He has experience playing at international level which helps, and over the course of the season he should make a strong contribution for Charlton.
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- Andreas Pereira
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until end of season)
- Jake Carney
- Ethan Laird
MK Dons (Jan to end of season)
- Jesse Lingard
West Ham (Jan to end of season)
- James Garner
Nottingham Forest (Jan to end of season)
- Tahith Chong
Club Brugge (Jan to end of season)
- Facundo Pellistri
Alaves (Jan to end of season)
- Teden Mengi
Derby (Jan to end of season)
- Dylan Levitt
NK Istra (Feb to end of season)
- 'Monster' ex Manchester United centre-back used to demand to train 1 v 2
- Manchester United transfer target nicknamed 'the butcher of Amsterdam', he shut Haaland down
- Manchester United loanee backed to 'score lots of goals' under Erik ten Hag
- Manchester United should listen to Ten Hag's words and offer swap deal to get Antony: Opinion
- Manchester United star says he can't relax this summer due to Ten Hag arrival
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent