United fans react to Axel Tuanzebe's performance at right-back
Axel Tuanzebe was a surprise starter at right-back amid a defensive reshuffle at Goodison Park.
Oddly enough, Tuanzebe played at left-back at Goodison as a substitute in the league win, and Solskjaer was not afraid to put him in up against Richarlison.
Tuanzebe needs all the game time he can get, and proved a point in the process.
He played well and did not give Richarlison a chance, before Eric Bailly injured him in the second half.
Tuanzebe got forward well too. He created two chances, showing his ability to contributed at both ends.
Filled in impressively
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is United’s normal starter at right-back, and he has looked a little jaded lately.
Brandon Williams was ill and not included in the squad and his loss was Tuanzebe’s gain.
Indeed amid speculation linking Williams with a loan move (via The Telegraph), Tuanzebe’s ability to play at full-back is extra reason to allow the youngster to go out on loan.
Tuanzebe has missed so much football due to injuries he will be glad to be contributing.
He won three tackles in the 2-0 victory over Everton and two aerial duels.
This was an adept performance against a top team, and his performance was a real positive in a very competitive game.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to his performance…
- Report: Manchester United reach agreement in principle to sign former Manchester City youngster
- Manchester United set to lose race to sign £55m wonderkid according to Romano
- 3 things we learned about Erik ten Hag from Manchester United’s opening game
- 'Leading option'… Manchester United make move for Juventus midfielder as De Jong alternative
- £31m Manchester United star has big part to play despite Ten Hag opening day snub
- Manchester United target said Red Devils star on 'another planet' and was criticised by Neville
- Laporta tells two Barcelona players to leave and makes Frenkie de Jong statement amid Manchester United reports
- 19 passes completed in 79 minutes: Manchester United star is simply not good enough
- 5 reasons Manchester United lost 2-1 to Brighton on opening day of the season