United fans react to Axel Tuanzebe's performance at right-back
Axel Tuanzebe was a surprise starter at right-back amid a defensive reshuffle at Goodison Park.
Oddly enough, Tuanzebe played at left-back at Goodison as a substitute in the league win, and Solskjaer was not afraid to put him in up against Richarlison.
Tuanzebe needs all the game time he can get, and proved a point in the process.
He played well and did not give Richarlison a chance, before Eric Bailly injured him in the second half.
Tuanzebe got forward well too. He created two chances, showing his ability to contributed at both ends.
Filled in impressively
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is United’s normal starter at right-back, and he has looked a little jaded lately.
Brandon Williams was ill and not included in the squad and his loss was Tuanzebe’s gain.
Indeed amid speculation linking Williams with a loan move (via The Telegraph), Tuanzebe’s ability to play at full-back is extra reason to allow the youngster to go out on loan.
Tuanzebe has missed so much football due to injuries he will be glad to be contributing.
He won three tackles in the 2-0 victory over Everton and two aerial duels.
This was an adept performance against a top team, and his performance was a real positive in a very competitive game.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to his performance…
- 'Unmistakable threat'… Manchester United star praised as his country's 'standout player' at World Cup
- 'Speaks volumes': Bryan Robson praises Manchester United star for 'dominant' World Cup display
- 'Beautiful to see': Manchester United star delighted to see reported 23-year-old Ten Hag target score on World Cup debut
- Report: Bruno Fernandes and Lisandro Martinez helping youngster try and hit lift off on Manchester United career
- 'Spectacular' Manchester United target wows Red Devils star with influential World Cup display
- 'Keep with me forever': Marcus Rashford pays heartfelt tribute to Cristiano Ronaldo following Manchester United exit
- Manchester United have scouted £43m-valued 'fantastic' striker who Owen Hargreaves loves several times
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session