Ole Gunnar Solskjaer changed a winning team heading into the Wolves game, and its likely he makes further tweaks this weekend.
United host Crystal Palace, looking to build on gaining four points from a possible six from the opening two games.
Its important that United don’t rip anything up and underestimate Palace, even though the Eagles are yet to score this season.
A couple of minor tweaks from Solskjaer could go a long way.
Outs and ins
Change number one: Jesse Lingard out and Andreas Pereira in.
Lingard needs to be challenged and was not good enough in the final third at Wolves.
Pereira was unlucky not to feature, having provided an assist in the opener against Chelsea, after stepping up and impressing in pre-season.
Giving him another chance in an attacking role at home is the right move.
Change number two: Dan James out and Mason Greenwood in.
United need goals, and this is a game where it would be ideal to start pre-season star Mason Greenwood.
Two minutes at the end of a match just isn’t enough.
Giving him a start along with Martial and Rashford is an exciting prospect, and the odds are that United won’t struggle in front of goal.
And if we are being held, bring on James as an impact substitute midway through the second half.
This is the XI we hoped Solskjaer might go with for the start of the season against Chelsea, and it was close. Lingard over Greenwood was the only change.
Greenwood has come on as a substitute in both Premier League games, but hasn’t really had a full opportunity.
While Lingard is an asset to the team, he is not currently doing enough to merit being an automatic starter.
He needs to have a bigger impact on games. If he gets the start, then he needs to do better.
But this feels like the right moment to unleash Greenwood and United’s full attacking potential, and Pereira can be a part of that too.
- Manchester United’s two best players against Leicester City
- Two Manchester United players who struggled against Leicester City
- Manchester United fans react to Tahith Chong’s performance
- Reliable McTominay gives a commanding performance in Pogba’s absence
- Manchester United fans react to Fred’s performance
- Marcus Rashford sends message to United fans after scoring winner
- Manchester United fans react to Largie Ramazani’s performance
- Five Manchester United youngsters who impressed in under-23 win
- Could Angel Gomes finally get first team chance after being left out of under-23 side?