After a season of lows as well as highs, Manchester United can be positive after clinching a Champions League place for 2020/21.
The possibilities are now endless for United as we look ahead to the next steps in the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer era.
There are two potentially massive deals we hope could now fall into place over the next week.
Is it optimistic to hope both could happen over the next seven days? Of course, but that won’t stop us wishing…
A new deal for Paul Pogba
It was interesting to see Pogba’s comments on social media after Manchester United’s victory.
He expressed his excitement at playing in the Champions League next season. This was not a post of a player expecting to leave this summer:
Qualification for the Champions League was a necessary step for United to keep Pogba around.
The club have answered the question over the direction we are moving in.
The Sun reported just over a week ago that United are close to agreeing a new five-year deal with Pogba, and planned to announce it at the end of the Premier League season.
Well we are now waiting. In this moment of positivity, this would be a great time for United to capitalise on it and secure Pogba’s future at the club.
The Frenchman has been a big part of our success over the past few weeks and he could be vital to winning silverware in the future.
A blockbuster transfer deal for Sancho
Jadon Sancho is Manchester United’s top transfer target (MEN) and the club have a chance to prove everybody wrong here.
Most fans expect the club to move slowly, and drag the deal out until September or even October. But this makes little sense for the parties involved.
Dortmund will want money to buy replacements, and United will want to pin down an amount, so the rest of the transfer window can be budgeted for.
Sancho too will be seeking clarity over his future, and Champions League qualification makes United a more attractive option.
United should be determined then to push on and sign Sancho as quickly as possible.
What a statement it would be if the club could make a splash in the first week of the transfer window and secure an agreement for the 20-year-old star.
Perhaps we are just too optimistic to hope United can get this done this week. But you know what, why shouldn’t we be?
- Anthony Martial sends message to Bruno Fernandes after Manchester United win
- Owen Hargreaves says Dortmund are bluffing with Sancho stance
- Robin van Persie raves about Anthony Martial’s performance
- Five things we learned as Manchester United beat FC Copenhagen
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v FC Copenhagen
- Harry Maguire is the exception which gives United hope over Sancho deal
- Lille chief raves about ‘immense talent’ Angel Gomes
- FC Copenhagen’s Mo Daramy is ‘crazy about United’ and has chance to impress
- Promotion for under-23s gives United a positive dilemma for youngsters