Three dream Manchester United transfers for 2021
2021 is here and hopes are high. So why not dream big and pick out the players we most want Manchester United to sign?
There is no space for Jadon Sancho on this list. That’s due to a combination of burnout regarding rumours of his arrival, and his own big dip in form and sky-high price tag which he may not be able to live up to.
Instead here is a look at a trio of players who would transform United for the better…
Right when we say ‘dream transfers’ we can set the terms. And in this scenario, Erling Haaland gets a new agent and ditches Mino Raiola.
There is an argument that even with Raiola, he is worth that baggage.
Haaland came close to United last year before joining Dortmund. In Germany he has scored for fun, scoring 33 goals in 32 games.
The Norwegian is built for the Premier League and would be an undoubted success. At just 20, his potential is truly scary and he could be the missing piece.
Haaland is the type of player who will put fear into Premier League defences before a ball has been kicked, and the combination of him and Bruno Fernandes would be truly terrifying.
Centre-back remains a position United need to upgrade and Dayot Upamecano is Europe’s most wanted player in the position.
If United are able to win the race for Upamecano, it would be a major statement.
Upamecano, 22, has outstanding potential and is available for a value fee thanks to a release clause in his current deal.
Five years younger than Harry Maguire, this would be a signing for United’s future as much as the present.
Many United supporters hoped Jack Grealish would sign this past summer, before Villa avoiding relegation made this impossible.
Grealish would cost a hefty fee, perhaps £80 million. The difference now, is that he has shown again this season that he could be worth it.
The England international has the x-factor, he plays with swagger and confidence and draws opponents in, creating space for others.
Grealish is made for the big stage at Old Trafford and would be a major hit with supporters.
A move would once again be a sign of United’s pulling power and set the club up for more dominance.
- Manchester United talent set to leave on loan after 72 academy appearances
- Ex-Manchester United star comments on De Jong, Arnautovic and 'unacceptable' window as reality hits home
- Erik ten Hag confirms he wants more transfers at Manchester United after opening day defeat
- Manchester United make £6.8m striker bid, star asks to be sold, he wants move badly
- Manchester United's 4 worst players in 2-1 defeat against Brighton
- 'Not up to it': Roy Keane slams Manchester United duo after Brighton defeat
- Gary Neville jokes about who Manchester United's best player in defeat against Brighton was
- 5 things we learned from Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Erik ten Hag explains why he has started Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench against Brighton