Harry Maguire names United's strongest player and most talented
Harry Maguire has been quizzed about his Manchester United teammates by Sky Sports.
Marcus Rashford got a lot of credit as the most talented player at the club and the nutmeg king.
When Maguire was asked for the toughest player at the club, the first player out of his mouth was Axel Tuanzebe.
He’s made just one Premier League start this season – in the 2-1 home loss to Sheffield United – but did put in a masterclass against Paris Saint-Germain in October.
“Axel (Tuanzebe), I would put up there,” said Maguire when asked which United player is ‘hard as nails’.
“He’s always in the gym, always doing pullups, very strong. Also Nemanja (Matic). He looks after our fines and he’s really strong and ruthless with it.”
In response to another question, Maguire said: “The most talented player is probably Marcus Rashford. He’s got everything. Every physical attribute, very technical attribute.
“He’s so fast and so direct as well. When you do get tight, he puts it through your legs as well.
“He does it a lot in training and he’s the one who gets the most nutmegs in the rondos we do before training almost every day.”
Maguire’s absence for tomorrow night’s return leg against Granada should offer Tuanzebe a rare chance to play.
With doubts about Eric Bailly’s future, Tuanzebe should be the man to replace our suspended skipper.
Tuanzebe’s forays into the first team this term haven’t always been as successful as his first appearance of the season in Paris, but he’s a talented player who needs more opportunities.
A clean sheet is all United need on the night and getting one would give Tuanzebe’s confidence the world of good if he plays a part in that.
- Portugal international waiting on offer from Manchester United as Barcelona make move
- Manchester United eye cut-price move for £32m Champions League winner to partner De Jong
- 17-goal wonderkid, La Masia graduate: 3 FA Youth Cup winners Man Utd should loan out this summer
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'